Monday, March 26, 2012

Ribbon caddy


This is a little ribbon caddy I made from
an unfinished wooden piece (originally a kitchen tool caddy) I picked up from a local thrift store for $0.75...yep that is correct.  Seventy-five cents.  All of the other materials I already had so that is the total out-of-pocket cost for this project.  Seventy-five cents.  And I love the way it turned out.  Again my complaint is with my photos--they just don't do this project justice.  But it did turn out cute.

Materials needed:
Tool caddy
Chalkboard paint
Acrylic paint in your choice of color
Small dowel
Chalk
Ribbon and embellishments to decorate



1. paint the bottom inside with chalkboard paint


2. With your choice of color, paint the remaining.


3. Decorate as desired.



4. With chalk, write on the lower half.  You can personalize it and give it away as a gift. 


5. Add ribbon to the dowel and the drop your scissors and tools into the tool holes and your set!  A cute little ribbon caddy you can hang on your wall.  Unfortunately I would need about 50 of these to hold all of my ribbon.  But it's a start!

2 comments:

  1. Sandy this turned out so cute - Love it!

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this! I am pinning to my office/craft room. I am fixin to remodel that space and this is great inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!