Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lemon Cake--only two ingredients!!


I made this cake for
one of our family get together's.  It was delicious, however, I wasn't going to post it because I didn't get a photo after it was cut and the topped with whipped cream and berries.  :(    It has been sitting as a blog draft for months.  I decided to finally finish it even though I didn't have the final photo.  Hopefully you can use your imagination or pop over to Six Sister's Stuff and check out their post (that's where I picked up the recipe).


Ingredients for cake:
1 (1 lb) package of angel food cake
1 (15.75 oz) can of lemon pie filling 
Topping: 
Fresh Strawberries, if desired
Whipped Cream



In a bowl, combine the cake mix and the pie filling.  



Spread the cake batter into a cake pan.  Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.  Cool and slice.  Top with fresh berries and cream.  Enjoy!!




POST-Divider NAME

6 comments:

  1. This is my kind of baking! :) Pinning now. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me so excited, thinking that I could make this with only 2 ingredients! But what about all the ingredients in the cake mix and pie filling? :-( I can't have gluten or dairy so always get frustrated with recipes that claim to be made with "only" 2 or 5 or 8 or whatever ingredients when they're actually just a combination of mixes :-( Even if you didn't put the ingredients together yourself, they still count as ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I didn't claim it was gluten or dairy free, just simple to make. At least simple for me. thanks for visiting even if you didn't find what you needed. Maybe next time you will.

      Delete
    2. what size cake pan is used? as I know you won`t needed a tube pan but how much smaller? please.

      Delete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!