Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Father's Day picture frame



I always have a tough time coming up with a Father's Day gift for my father-in-law. He is so difficult to buy for. He would like to try all sorts of new-fangled technological gadgets, but alas, most have to interact with computers and neither he or his wife use one. The few "tech" things we have bought for him he usually has needed help with repeatedly. So inevitably, I revert to homemade. This year, I made a picture frame and inserted a four generation photo.



Supplies:
Unfinished wooden picture frame
Mod Podge (the best stuff ever!)
Scrap book paper of your choice (3 selections)
Ribbon
Paint to match your paper
Paintbrush
Pencil
scissors
Hot glue gun
Sponge
Wood pendant



Lay the frame on the backside of the scrapbook paper and trace the shapes you need (quarter the frame). Cut out.


Attach the papers to the frame with a layer of Mod Podge. And then apply another layer of Mod Podge to the top, allow to dry.


Paint the outside edge and allow to overlap to front (I used a sponge for this not a paintbrush). Cover seams of paper quarters with ribbon. Glue wood pendant onto a corner of the frame.


Finished project! Simple, quick and easy!



Crafts2u Online Crafts Superstore

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me and I LOVE IT! haha
    i don't know if i can actualy make it but it looks really nice!

    Thanks
    Leontien
    www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a quick, gratifying project like this! The frame looks great, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love how it looks like tile, so cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back :)

    Amanda @
    sleepytimeproductions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, and all the things you do on it. I gave you an award. Here is the post to it: http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats so awesome! i love your blog!

    oh. i am your newest follower! come check me out if you have the chance =]
    http://mamaspassions.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-hop-friday-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great project for left over scraps. Great summertime project too.

    Bella Vida by Letty

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!