Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Filled Holiday Sugar Cookies

SugarCookie_zps074c6bb1 photo SugarCookie_zps074c6bb1-1_zps2eba72c0.jpg

It took me awhile to get this posted. I made these cookies about a month ago for Valentine's Day and gave them away for gifts to my children and granddaughters.  Everyone loved them.  :)

Ingredients

  • 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • colored sprinkles
Directions

1. Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add milk, vanilla and eggs.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined.  Stir in colored sprinkles for a more festive look.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to make rolling easier.

4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4" thickness.  Cut out desired shapes.

5. Place 2" apart on ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet. Leave plain to frost after baking or sprinkle with colored sugar.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.  Remove to wire racks to cool.


Yield: depending on the size of your cutter about 4 dozen.  I used two cookies and filled them with Italian Buttercream

 You can find the recipe here:  Italian Buttercream


Then I frosted them and sprinkled a little colored sugar on them just to make them look festive.  Yummy! 





POST-Divider NAME



15 comments:

  1. Returning the Blog Love. I’m following you back now!

    Such cute cookies!

    -Becca
    Becca's Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following back from the I <3 blogging hop! Have a great Wednesday! :)

    ~ Di
    momsgotabrandnewbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I may make same and take to work! New follower and I hope you will back!

    http://kellyhunterphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back from Areyouamom.com
    Thanks!!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How yummy. I'm following you back from the Fab Friends Thursday Blog hop!

    DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great!

    I am a new follower from I ♥ Blogging, thank you for joining our hop! I would love if you could stop by www.mooseandtater.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cookies, I'm going to try the recipe. I'm participating in the Fab Friends Thursday Blog hop and I’m now the newest follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and hopefully follow me back!!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yuumm yum... the cookies look absolutely devine, i might have to bak some for myself.. SOON :)

    http://vanityseeker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for a sugar cookie - so these are perfect because I'd get two sugar cookies in each serving! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so yummy! Can't wait to try...

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cookies look wonderful!! Will definitely need to try:) Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good. The Italian Buttercream is to die for! It calls for so much butter, it could probably stop your heart. But I love it. ;)

      Delete
  12. These look so good! I have never had a filled sugar cookie. I had to pin this to my valentine board so I remember to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!