Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Black Bean -n- Pumpkin Chili



I found this recipe in my latest Taste of Home magazine. The original recipe is listed on their web site, you can find it here:  Taste of Home Black Bean-n-Pumpkin Chili recipe

I changed it up a little.  This is my "veggie" version.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 cups veggie broth
  • 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
  •  vegetarian chicken
  • 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with chiles, undrained
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped, optional

 Directions:




In a large skillet, saute the onion, yellow pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.



Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.




Enjoy! Excellent chili, very healthy and you don't taste the pumpkin in it at all.  A new favorite at our house!

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    So glad to meet you, love your blog,

    Ok, I've got to try this, it looks delicious, love your blog, I'm following you in every way possible I think, and I have your button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! Thanks for linking up again! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I featured your recipe today @ Things That MAke You Say Mmmmm! Stop by & link up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks amazing, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, need to try it. Visiting from Blog Bulge. I am a new follower.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!