Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mod Podge gift box


I going to let everyone in on a secret about me.  I love boxes.  I'm addicted to them.  All shapes and sizes.  I save them for all kinds of projects, gifts, whatever strikes my fancy.  And once I have them in my possession I hate to let them go.  Believe me, you can do so much with just an plain, ordinary box.  With just a little Mod Podge, the right tissue paper, some cute embellishments and a little imagination you could turn a plain brown box into a child's secret box.  A box where he/she can hide away all of their most prized treasures.



Today, however, a quick gift box.


Supplies needed:
Mod Podge
Box
Various tissue papers
paint brush
embellishments (ribbons, buttons, beads, etc.)
Hot glue gun


Lay the tissue on the box.  With the paint brush, smooth a thin coat of Mod Podge over the top of the tissue to adhere to the box.  Allow to dry clear.  Use embellishments to decorate as you wish.  And you have a cute gift box to use the next time you need to wrap a quick gift!



Top of box



3 comments:

  1. I've never used Mod Podge before but I keep hearing more and more about it these days. Maybe with your simple tutorial here, I'll give it a shot.

    Here is my latest post.

    http://www.mrsgardengirl.blogspot.com/2013/03/hooked-on-crochetno-pun-intended.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!