Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jewelry making

I have been wanting to learn how to make jewelry for a while now.  Every time I visit one or more of our local craft stores I have been drawn to the beading section.  I would look at the colorful beads and all of the clasps and earring hooks, but honestly I didn't have the first idea where to start.  Every time, I would wander away empty-handed.


I love to accessorize.  Scarfs, bags, jewelry, etc. they make you and your outfit stand out.  But I don't like to pay the ridiculous prices to make yourself look pretty.  So on my last craft store visit I picked an earring kit.  I figured it would at least give me some sort of instructions and help me on my jewelry-making way--HA!

What the kit did have was all the supplies I needed but no written instructions--pictures what the earrings should look like, but no instructions.  I was on my own.  However, it really was much simpler than I imagined.  Especially since the biggest hurdle for me to get over, what exactly did I need, where do I start?

The kit made eight pairs of earrings and I paid $6.00 for it.  Since Christmas is right around the corner, they'll make great stocking stuffers or just a little gift when I need one. 



These are the items from the kit.


One pair of earrings prior to being assembled.
 


After being assembled.



Another pair of earrings from the kit, prior to being assembled.


After being assembled.



I liked this pair so much, I'm keeping them for myself.  
They match one of my Lia Sophia necklaces very closely.

After assembling the pieces from the kit, I was hooked!  I went to the craft store bought I bunch of random beads, clasps and earrings hooks and went to work.  This was the first set I came up with.

This earring set and bracelet was another.


Another pair of earrings.




And this pair of earrings.

I did several others and the rest of the earrings from the kit, but I won't bore you with all of them today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!