Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Decorative Tile Art Project


For Christmas last year, my daughter-in-law, Amber, gave me a tile with a phrase in vinyl letters place on it.  Very cute!  When my daughter bought her new home, Amber went to work on one for her (shown above).  I asked her to take pictures and write up the instructions as she went.  This is what she said:


The good thing about this project for me at least, is having a connection in the tile business. It's fun to choose the tile you'll be working with. I usually try to match it to colors already being used in the decor of the recipient. My FAVORITE part is choosing the saying that will go on the tile.  A good web site for a variety of expressions: Vinyl Letter Decor Then you choose the vinyl. There are so many colors. When I picked up the chocolate vinyl I also saw hot pink, blue, yellow, white and black.

I used my Cricut machine to cut the vinyl with the George font and Basic shapes cartridge. I measure the tile and divide it up using tape as a guide so I can get the lettering as straight as possible.  After measuring the tile, then I cut the letters.  You can place the lettering anyway you please.



After they are placed to your liking you press down on the vinyl making it stick to the tile. This is a really simple and cute project! So fun and makes great gifts.

Supplies used:

Cricut machine 










George font and basic shapes cartridge
Cricut brand vinyl



Tile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!