Monday, July 30, 2012

Garden Bird House

My cute little bird house, all completed. I displayed it out in a new section of our backyard garden.  I purchased a pre-made wooden bird house at Michaels craft store.  Then, using Mod Podge, scrapbook paper, ribbon and some pre-cut chipboard shapes, decorated it.  I love the way it turned out.

A closer view.


Materials list:
wooden bird house
wooden dowel to mount house
ribbon
Mod Podge--outdoor
chipboard
scrapbook paper
paint brush/sponge applicator
pencil
glue gun
sanding block

Choose your paper and the style of bird house.   Michaels craft store has several styles to choose from.

Wooden bird house.


Cut a template out of your paper.

  1. Mod Podge all of your pieces and allow to dry before adding a second coat.   
  2. I painted the bottom edge of my house.  Also the little peg and the inside of the hole. 
  3. I covered all of my chipboard pieces in paper and allowed to dry.  *TIP:  Be sure to cover the edges good with the Mod Podge.  My bird house and been in a few rain storms and the tag separated where I missed it with the Mod Podge.  :( 
  4. Then with the sanding block, sanded all the edges smooth. 
  5. Secure the chipboard shapes in place with glue. 
  6. Tie a cute bow around the middle.


Finished bird house.



10 comments:

  1. How cute! I love this, you did a terrific job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and it looks adorable in your garden.

    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a fantastic job decorating the bird house. My dad has been making bird houses for a little while, and has started making them look like intricate little people houses, which has of course made me really want one for my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited right now! That is the CUTEST THING EVER!!! I love it - you are SO Creative and thanks for the tutorial to make it so easy! Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love treehouses! That turned out adorable! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's adorable. It would make such a cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute birdhouse! I'm excited to be a new follower, feel free to follow back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable! Thank you for linking up at Doodles & Stitches. I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love how it all turned out. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love birdhouses. So cute. I found you through Create with Joy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!