Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cork Message Board


Holly, from Holly's Stamping Addiction, and I got together to craft.  Holly is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and her craft room is supplied to the hilt with everything little thing you can
imagine you might possibly ever need to use.  And better yet, she is so organized, she knows exactly where everything is!  :)  Anyway, we got together and created these little cork message boards with chip board flowers to decorate them.  I gave mine to my niece for her birthday along with a 3M sticky hook to hang it on the wall.  That way she can pin her friends school pictures or whatnot on it.

SUPPLIES:
Frame
Cork pieces
Chip board flowers
Paint
Scrapbook paper
Mod Podge
Sanding block
X-acto knife
Glue
Push pins
Paint brush or sponge


1. Clean up the frame.  If there are any rough edges, sand them.



2. Paint the frame.


3. Choose your chip board flowers and lay them out on your frame.  Take a picture so that after you have covered them in paper you can sort of remember where everything goes and what you had in mind.  Even after doing this I still had pieces left over.



Take each piece to each flower and Mod Podge desired scrapbook paper over the chip board. With your X-acto knife trim off the excess paper.  Next--sand, sand, sand the edges.  I had a lot of flowers to sand.  This is a good job to do while watching T.V. or something.  Very boring--but necessary.


Once you have the chip boards all ready, glue everything into place following your "template" picture.  I decided to keep mine all blues and yellows, but Holly's was very colorful.  And although we worked on them together, they each turned out so different.  My niece loved it!

24 comments:

  1. What a neat craft idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute craft, and definitely something that anyone would be proud to make and display in their home, especially when they get to say "I made that!" when someone compliments them. I kind of love doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm book-marking this. I want to make it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashely. If you do make, I would love to see it. I hope you will come back and link it up to the Creative Corner Hop.

      Delete
  4. This is definitely adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and I am going to keep this in mind for my crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I you decide to make it, I would love to see it. I hope you would come back and link it up to the Creative Corner Hop

      Delete
  6. This turned out so cute - I need to post mine.

    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project - can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    Joining from Inspire Me Monday
    http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER CUTE! Now, I want to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great - great turorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute a special board, what fun! What a great gift for your niece:) Thank you for sharing this cute project with Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute! I would love for you to join me at Mom's Library http://www.trueaimeducation.com/2012/07/moms-library-5-and-new-sponsor.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE! Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute idea!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!