Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crocheted Monkey Pattern



I found this cute monkey pattern on the internet.  When the daughter of a good friend of mine was expecting her first child I made one for her baby shower basket.  You can do so much with these monkeys.  Little touches give them so much personality.  I added a little ruffled skirt and put a bow on her head to turn this one into a girl.  The first one I made, I added a tie around his neck.
TECHNIQUE USED:  Crochet
MATERIALS: 4 ply yarn (several colors check pattern)
Stuffing
pellets or beans
embroidery thread or yarn
needle
GAUGE:  3.5mm crochet hook
PATTERN:  You can find the pattern here:  Crocheted Monkey pattern
Please note all copyrights for this pattern are reserved by ChimuChimu.

3 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love Monkeys! This is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that'S A WONDERFUL MONKEY! i love sock monkey's and old fashioned monkey's from the time i was growing up or even the monchichis. this one reminds me of one my mom made my little sister when she was a toddler. she carried it everywhere. i will definitely be making this one too. :)

    tammy ramey
    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a few of these monkeys. The fun part about them are you can give each one their own personality with the color choices and whether or not you turn it into a boy or girl. They really are so much fun.

      Delete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!