Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mod Podge Bird House

 photo BH2_zps295ca11f.jpg
I love bird houses.
I think they add a lot of charm to a garden.  This is the newest addition to my garden.

 photo BH8_zpscf909322.jpg
I found this little wooden bird house at my local craft store.  It was on the clearance shelf.  I thought it had so much potential I had to purchase it.  I chose a few cute papers, some matching paint and a few accessories and went to work.

 photo BH5_zps8211de99.jpg
To begin with, I painted the birdhouse.

 photo BH3_zps0e77fad4.jpg
And then with the coordinating paper, glued them in place with the mod-podge.  With some twine coiled up, I made a nest and placed some light green pearl beads in the middle to resemble eggs. To finish off I tied a matching colored ribbon around the middle.


POST-Divider NAME

8 comments:

  1. Love your birdhouse,it looks really nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love birdhouses!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute and they have lovely colors.
    When I was a kid our neighbor used to have such bird-houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Pinned. Thank you for being a part of our party. We appreciate you stopping by. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly. I'll try to remember to stop by and link up.

      Delete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!