Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Photo Collage



I see all of these cute photo collages and I have been wanting to do one for a long time.  I had a hard time matching the frames to my husband's antique mantel clock.  The clock sitting on the mantel is over 100 years and belonged my husband's great-grandfather.


While shopping for Christmas I finally stumbled upon some frames.  So after Christmas when I took my decorations down, I finally bit the bullet and created my own.  I used all black and white photos with the exception of one and that was our family picture.  I just wasn't happy with any of the layouts until I added the vinyl lettering "Home Sweet Home" and then it all clicked for me.

And just a side note: my mantel used to be the golden oak color (same as my bathroom cabinets) but a few years ago my husband sanded it, and darken the color.  We didn't use the cool gel stain that we used for the bathroom.  That is a custom color that he mixed up using several different stains until we were satisfied with the final result.  It really makes the granite around the fireplace pop.  He did such a great job.

 
POST-Divider NAME

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection!
    Is you site hosted by fatcow? I use them for my heirloom seeds website and also have the "wind powered" button. I love fatcow!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my site is hosted Fatcow. I really like them also. You can't beat their costs and since they are powered by 100% wind-energy, they're very much "eco-friendly". What's not to like, right? :)

      Delete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!