Monday, June 28, 2010

Rice Pudding


One of my husband's favorite desserts is rice pudding. It doesn't really do much for me, but he loves it, so occasionally I will make it for him. I found this recipe in the Martha Stewart magazine. I think she also has it posted on her web site. It's quick and easy.


HONEY RICE PUDDING
3 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup short-grain rice
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3 tbs honey, plus more for drizzling

Bring 3 1/2 cups milk, rice sugar vanilla & salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat & simmer, stirring often, until rice is tender & liquid has been absorbed. 20-25 minutes.

Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup milk and the honey. Let stand for 5 minutes. Separate into parfait glasses or dessert bowls and drizzle with honey.





The ingredients.



Bring milk, rice, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a boil.








Distribute into parfait glasses and drizzle with honey.









POST-Divider NAME

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely with your husband, because I love it too. It's similar to what my Mom used to make.
    wonderful dessert

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!