Monday, June 28, 2010

Old Fashion Flour Sack Towels

The first set of flour sack dish towels I received were from my grandmother. She made a set for all of her granddaughters to put away in their hope chests. Mine had roosters on them. They were doing daily chores and of course they all had the days of the week. I always wondered if that was to remind me which day I was supposed to use that towel or what…

The flour sack towels and the iron transfers.



The iron transfers.

Choose and trim your design.

Pin to your dish towel and iron.

Lift to check design.

Design ready for embroidery or painting if you prefer.

Recently, I have embroidered several sets of flour sack towels and given them away as birthday and Christmas gifts. These are just a couple I had leftover to embroider. I finished this one week while in the car on my way to California for vacation.



I think these make nice gifts, regardless of whether you embroider an entire set or stitch one and include a dishcloth. You could even include a nice bottle of kitchen hand soap with them. I always try to have something on hand to give away at a moments notice if I need a quick gift. These work great!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Did I mention my birthday is next week? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...I know when your birthday rolls around. But why wait for a birthday. Maybe you should watch your mail.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!