Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tasty Tuesday--Eggs Over Easy with Green Chile Salsa and Cheese


Do you all like eggs as much as I do?  Although I'm a vegetarian, I do consume eggs.  I did try for a while to remove them from my diet, but it was to hard for me to give them up.  Because I still eat eggs and on occasion some dairy, I'm what is called
a lacto-ovo-vegetarian.  I avoid meat, poultry and fish. 

INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
Avocado, sliced
Green Chile Salsa
Cheese, grated
Non-stick cooking spray
Salt
Pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.  You don't want your eggs sticking to the pan or they won't flip over correctly.  Crack two eggs (or as many as you wish) into your already heated pan.  Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.  

2. Keep the egg white close to the yolk with your spatula.   As soon as the whites are solid, slide your spatula beneath them and flip them over.  Once the eggs are on their yolks, allow them to cook for a few seconds--a thin layer of egg white will form over the yolk.  Don't cook them to long, you still want the yolk inside to be runny.

3.  Place the eggs on a plate.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Top with green chile salsa.  Garnish with avocado slices.  Enjoy! 

Photos by: COURTNEY MARCUS ELLIOTT 

POST-Divider NAME

2 comments:

  1. Love your recipe! I host a linky party on Tuesday called The Gathering Spot and would love if you'd share your recipe. Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday link party! Have a wonderful week :) Diane @MamalDiane

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!