Monday, October 29, 2012

Trick-or-Treat bags


I decided to make Trick-or-Trick bags for my two little granddaughters this year.  I usually buy them some sort of little tote and fill it with some treats, but this year I got more crafty.


I knew what I wanted them to look like but I didn't really have any idea of how to go about getting them to look like the idea in my head, nor did I have a pattern.  I can sew, but I'm not the type that can just make stuff up and have it turn out fabulous without directions.  But this was just a bag.  How hard can a bag be...right?  Well I found out it can be pretty difficult when you go about it the way I did.  Trying to piece together different colors and making one color overlap the over--especially when you have never done it before nor have you ever seen it done.  But after hours at the sewing machine and a little bit of frustration, I succeeded.  The girls will have their bags for Trick-or-Treating.


These were the fabrics I selected.  A glittery purple (my oldest granddaughter loves the color purple), a cute polka-dotted orange, and a fun Halloween patterned fabric.  I also embroidered a spooky Halloween message for each sack.



The first sack I made for my oldest granddaughter.  I lined the inside with the glittery purple fabric.  The back section is the Halloween printed fabric.




This is the sack I made my younger granddaughter.  I lined her's with the orange polka-dot fabric and again the back is from the patterned Halloween piece.







POST-Divider NAME



1 comment:

  1. Wowwww these are great bags!
    I love the colors and the front pattern
    We don't celebrate Halloween here but I'd still love to have a bag like these :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!