Friday, October 26, 2012

Repurposed Drawer

I had come across a great re-purposed drawer project on Pinterest.  Of course I pinned it to my boards, but I couldn't get it out of my head.  And then, Holly from Holly's Stamping Addiction, took me to a local thrift store called Re-Store.  It's a local habitat for humanity store (you can find all sorts of cool items there).  They had a bunch of cabinet drawers of various sizes, colors and shabbiness.  I found a drawer I liked and took it home.  I wanted my drawer to look like the one I'd pinned to my boards.



After cleaning and sanding the drawer, it was ready to be transformed.  Could I turn this ugly duckling into a swan?



 I chose a lovely blue paint color.



And some great new hardware.  The small round drawer pulls screw on the bottom for the feet.




Then I distressed it everywhere.  Sanding all of that lovely blue paint completely off in some areas.



But I think the finished product turned out pretty awesome.  And it looks great in my dining room on the buffet.

POST-Divider NAME

3 comments:

  1. I love it - you really made it sparkle and come to life :) Great job!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful!

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!