Monday, June 18, 2012

Ribbon Organizer



I have spools and spools of ribbon that are just completely out of control.  It seems they are stashed everywhere.  When I need a particular color, I have no idea where it is--some box, bag or drawer, somewhere...I have been wanting a ribbon organizer for some time.  Something large enough to hold all my ribbon.


I have seen some really great organizers on Pinterest.  I have collected a few of the ones I really liked.  Even e-mailed the instructions to my husband, hoping I would come home one day and there they would be!  :)  No such luck.

Then one night while surfing the net for storage ideas for my craft room I came across a cubby-hole shelf ribbon organizer.  Unfortunately, I did not mark the site where I found the original idea.  I tried to find it again, but didn't have any success.  So, alas, I cannot direct you there.  But I knew this organizer would work for me.  I already had two of the cubby-hole shelves.  I just needed my husband to drill the holes and put the dowel across the bottom.   And finally, I had my long-sought after organizers.  :)

I went to my local craft store and purchased 3/8" wooden craft dowels.  The holes were drilled 3/4" up from the bottom shelf.  I bought the long rods, so they could just be pushed in and cut it off where needed.  He pushed them in and glued them in place.  That's it.

I have two side-by-side.  I can now put my ribbon in by color and see immediately what I have.  At least for the spools that fit.  I do have some that are very large and won't fit inside.  But they work on my older, smaller one.  I love it!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your ribbon organizer! Isn't Pinterest awesome? I am your newest Pinterest follower! Stopping by from Inspire Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Organizer! I am also a huge Pinterest Fan. I'm addicted.lol.
    Found you via a blog hop and am now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so nice to have great storage for stuff like ribbon. and yes, pinterest is a great place to find ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an entire craft room and yet my ribbon is still shoved in a shoebox. I think hubby will have to build me one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great idea. Whenever i need ribbon it is always wrinkled or creased because it's been shoved into a drawer! This is a great way to keep them all neat and right at your fingertips!

    Here is my latest post:

    http://www.mrsgardengirl.blogspot.com/2013/03/hooked-on-crochetno-pun-intended.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!