Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spooky Spider Web--Halloween Mantle

How many of you have discovered Pinterest?  After waiting for months for an invite, I was finally invited a few weeks ago by a blogger friend--Melissa from Mel Dreams Often.  Thanks again, Melissa!  It was more entertaining than I anticipated.  I absolutely love that site.  It's so addicting.  Every time I log on over there, I discover so many other interesting web sites.  One such site:  Centsational Girl.  She has so many fun things on her site, there are just too many to list.  Check her out.  But I did get the idea for my Halloween mantle from her.  So, to give credit where credit is due.  Thanks Centsational Girl, I love your website.



My arachnid invaded mantle

First, I needed some cute candlesticks to display.  I had an old set that had been kicking around and I really didn't know what to do with them.  They had a good shape to them but they were very past their prime.  I gave them to my hubby to spray paint black.



I was going to distress them after they were dry, but I decided I liked the glossy black look.  I had purchased the garden trellis and mixed my craft paint with a few tablespoons of water to turn it into the dye, then dropped the trellis into the mixture.  I stirred it around and after it was completely covered with the black stain, I let it dry outside for a few hours. Then I hung it on my mantle, and set the spiders loose.



This was the outcome.  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I am hopping by from the Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop. I am your newest GFC Follower. I hope that you can follow me too at www.indianacouponsavings.com. Also, Debs Dealz and I are hosting a month long Happy Halloween Boo Hop. Please feel free to stop by and link up. Thanks, Erin
    Boo Hop - http://indianacouponsavings.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-halloween-boo-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi New fan from the blog hop. I can tell I'm going to be coming to your page alot, lol. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Pinterest. I have a hard time though, because it always makes me so hungry. I see all kinds of delicious looking stuff that I would love to try. Yeah it's great! I'm Sarah, I'm a new follower from the Boo Hop. I would love for you to come vist and follow my blog also. I am following through GFC, Twitter and Pinterest and I also liked your FB page. Thanks and have an awesome weekend and a great time pinning:)http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Halloween Boo Hop! :-)
    Please feel free to stop by my blog and follow at http://smartcentsreview.blogspot.com/

    You did an AWESOME job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Halloween Boo Hop! :-)
    Please feel free to stop by my blog and follow at http://smartcentsreview.blogspot.com/

    You did an AWESOME job! That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute decorations! I love Pinterest too--very addicting. New follower from the Boo Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!