Tuesday, December 14, 2010

RoCkY rOaD cAnDy--YuM!

This is a family (and many of our friends) favorite recipe. It seems everyone we make this candy for, falls in love with it. My mom would make this candy every Christmas season. Although we (my siblings) all loved it, it was my brother Steve’s favorite. My marshmallow-loving husband absolutely fell in love with it after I made it for him the first time. And my daughter once dated a guy who would do just about anything for a batch. So for the marshmallow and chocolate lover on your list, this is a must have recipe.  It is super easy to make.


RECIPE:
One bag of Holiday-shaped marshmallows
Two large chocolate bars
2 cups chopped walnuts



Mix the marshmallows and the nuts into a large bowl.

Melt the chocolate and pour over the nuts and marshmallows.

Stir until well covered.

Spread over a cookie sheet.

Cut into bite-sized pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It has been over 10 years since we made Rocky Road, my mom made it all the time and it was my daughter's favorite candy during the holidays. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said, this is a staple at our house during the holidays. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by Denay.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!