Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Crate


I wasn't very on the ball last week.  I missed posting the Easter sign I made and the see-through
Easter baskets (Martha Stewart) that I used to decorate my dining room table.  I still might try and post them later today.  But for now, here is the "Spring" crate/sign I made.  I placed it in the middle of my buffet and surrounded it with candy dishes, eggs, carrots, flowers and bunnies.

Materials needed:

Wooden letters
Paint brushes
Acrylic craft paint
Velcro dots



Base each letter with the color of your choice.  I used a glitter paint.  It was the first time I had ever tried it.  I painted directly over the untreated wood and although it covered well and was sparkly, you can see in the photo below the colors are not very vivid.  The second time I used them, I based each letter with the same color acrylic craft paint in a satin finish and then added the glitter--WOW, what a difference.



Allow each letter to dry completely.


Paint your crate the color of your choice.


With the Velcro, attach the letters to your box.  Using Velcro allows you to use the crate for another sign by changing the letters to another message.


If you liked this post, please vote for my blog on:

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!

    Holly

    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!