Monday, November 19, 2012

Burlap Christmas Ornaments


While on Pinterest one day, I kept seeing cute burlap Christmas ornaments.  I pretty much had everything except
the right type of burlap.  They had used the ribbon burlap and all I had was the type cut from the bolt.  I didn't want to make a trip to the craft store, so I gathered some supplies and decided to see what I could come up with, good or bad with what I had.  The first try was awful and immediately went in the garbage.  But the next one wasn't too bad.  I liked them enough to made a few of them.


Items needed: burlap, foam balls, twine, decorations (I used small silver bells and some green glitter ribbon that I cut forked on the end to sort of resemble a leaf).  The first one I made I used a larger foam ball (bottom picture below).  I decided I liked the smaller balls better.


1. wrap your foam ball with burlap.  Use a little bit of adhesive on the top to help hold it tight.


2.Tie a piece of twine around the top to hold it shut. Add your decorations


3. Thread another piece of twine through the back to hang it with.



POST-Divider NAME

1 comment:

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!