Monday, August 6, 2012

Greeting Cards


Outside of card

Inside of card


I created these greeting cards kind of the old-fashioned way--cutout by hand (although I did use a template).  I know most people will read that line
and already be bored and ready to move on.  They want to use their die cutting machines.
But I love this pattern, and that's why I still use this template.  So, if I have to cut it by hand, I'm willing to do that.  I have another really cute little box template that I love, that I also cut by hand.

This time, I made four different cards.  A Thank You card, Birthday card, and the other two could be used for Thinking of You, Friendship or really any type of gift.

Materials list:
PaperStamps
Stamp pads
Scissors

pencil
Glue
Ribbon
String/twine (to attach tag)


1. Choose your paper and cut out all of you pieces.

2. Stamp your insert.  When I made my insert, I paper matched the image I stamped.  You can color yours, paper match or leave it as a stamped image (as I did with my Thank You card--third card).  To paper match, stamp your image onto the insert and then stamp it again onto colored paper and cut out the pieces you want colored.  As you can see, I choose a couple of different colored papers.  Glue those pieces into place on your stamped image.

This is the result from the paper matching after the pieces are glued.





3. Decorate your tag.

4. Assemble your pieces.

5. Attach your tag and a cute ribbon.  That's it your done.

 








15 comments:

  1. Love them all but the red one is my favorite. I am a new follower from the Mom's Monday Mingle (followed you on Facebook) Would love it if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all but the red one is my favorite. I am a new follower and would love it if you followed me back. I found you on the Mom's Monday Mingle. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards! Thank you for sharing how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are absolutely adorable! I look forward to seeing more crafts and fun articles! I also left an Alexa review as part of Alexa Mania :)

    Budget Earth - Kid Friendly Vegetarian Cookbooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are just precious! I don't have a die cut machine either...but then neither do I use patterns for the most part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable, and I'm sure they are very special to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too cute!! Thank you for sharing with us at Uncommon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are too sweet! Thank you for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sent the link to my wife, she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these. Could you tell me where you got the template.
    Thanks so much
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, I tried to reply to you but you are a no-reply blogger and I couldn't find a contact button on your blog. Anyway, this template is really old. Don't know where it came from. Contact me and I will send you a PDF of the template.

      Delete
  11. These cards are fabulous, love them, pinning them!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!