Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Dirt Pudding recipe

When my kids were little they love it when I made dirt pudding.
They would dig in searching for the gummy worm inside, and when they discover it, they acted as if it was their first time.  For those who don't know what dirt pudding is, it's chocolate pudding with a gummy worm buried in the middle, Oreo cookie crushed on top and coconut for the grass.

Since making it for my kids, I have changed it up a bit for the Easter holiday.  Adding a Peep Bunny and some Easter eggs.

My family all got together last Sunday to color Easter eggs, so I decided to make this for my granddaughters.  I thought my 3 year-old granddaughter would have fun with it.  It didn't go over as well as I hoped.  When her Grandpa pulled the "worm" from the "mud", her face said it all.  She was repulsed.  At first she thought it was real, then everyone began laughing at her funny reaction, she realized it was candy.  C'est la vie.  My granddaughter doesn't like mud and worms.

Ingredients:

Chocolate pudding
1 package gummy worms
1 package Peep bunnies
Candy Easter eggs
Coconut
Green food coloring
Oreo cookie crumbs or pie shell to make your own

Directions:
1. With a fork crumble the pie shell and then add green coloring to the coconut.  Make the chocolate pudding and fill your cup about 1/2 full.  Add the gummy worm.

2. Cover the top of the gummy worm with more pudding.  Add some crumbled cookie, "dirt".  Then the coconut, "grass" layer.  To insert the bunnies, I cut wooden skewers in half and inserted them into the Peeps.

3. Then it was easy to get the Peep to sit on the top of the pudding cup and drop on a few Easter candy eggs.


4. That's it!  Dirt Pudding with an Easter flair.



Sandy

If you liked this post, please vote for my blog on:

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute makes me wish I had little kids!

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! My kids love stuff like that.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Pinning this to remember for my next years Easter party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look yummy! And I bet the kids would love them, have to remember for next year! Thanks for sharing on We Made That!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!