Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ham and Cheese Poochie Pockets



Well it was back to work for me this week.  Although while I was off, I was able to get a variety of dog treats made and into the freezer.  These biscuits freeze beautifully for a couple of months.  So you can make them ahead, freeze them, and then transfer what you will need for the week to the refrigerator.  Then Fido can have his special treats all the time.  :)   All of my dogs have favorite treats, don't get me wrong--they like them all, but they tend to single out a favorite.  These seem to be Mr. Peabody's favorites. 





INGREDIENTS:

2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered dry milk
3/4 cup water
1 egg beaten
cheese grated
ham chopped



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour and dry milk. Mix in egg. Add water (a little at time) so that mixture forms a ball.

Roll out dough 1/4" thick.  Cut out shapes with a biscuit cutter.
Fill with chopped ham (leftovers work great) and then sprinkle a little grated cheese. 


Fold the dough in half and seal by pinches the edges together.






Brush the top with a beaten egg to give them a glossy sheen and/or sprinkle a few strands of cheese on top.  Pop them in the oven and bake 17 to 20 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.  Remember you can also freeze them for a longer shelf life, if they last that long!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. My dogs absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog Lady would love these -- I think she's expecting me to get baking right away :-)

    Visiting from Friendship Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet our dog would love these! He's more into the table food rather than his store bought treats. Thanks for sharing all the doggy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a true dog! :) Let me know if your dog likes them, if you decide to make them.

      Delete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!