Monday, April 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesday--Silver Butterfly Vanilla Cupcakes


I received a new shipment from Wholeport last week.  It contained baking supplies.  These pretty pink cupcake wrappers with the delicate butterflies cutout were just one of the items.
I wish you could see them better in this photo.  The paper has a pearlescent sheen to it.  Just lovely.  They also sent the cute pink doilies with the white polka-dots.  If you haven't popped in to Wholeport and checked out their web site, you should hop on over there now.  It's a crafter's dream!  A one-stop shop for almost anything you can imagine.

After I opened my box, I knew I wanted to use those cupcake wrappers.  So I mixed up a batch of vanilla cupcakes.  Decorated them with cream cheese frosting.  And them set to work on making the pretty wrappers stand out.  I had some fun edible silver glitter in the shape of tiny hearts, so I dusted them around one edge of the cupcake.  Then I found a silver wire butterfly at a local party store to use on top.  I'm pleased with the way they turned out.

INGREDIENTS

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 Tablespoons unsalted softened butter
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Combine the milk, oil and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.  About 3 minutes.
  4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture alternately with the mix mixture in batches, beginning and ending with the flour and beating just until blended.
  5.  Spoon the batter into a ziplock bag.  Snip the corner from the bag and fill the liners 2/3 full.  Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean—15 to 20 minutes.  Remove the cupcakes from the baking pan, place on a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.  





6. Frost with your favorite frosting.  I used cream cheese.  Anyone who reads this blog regularly will know, that is my favorite--the one I go to first.


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
3 oz. cream cheese
1 stick margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cup powdered sugar
Mix well.

















POST-Divider NAME

2 comments:

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!