Monday, November 8, 2010

Mother Goose Popcorn

This is a childhood favorite, introduced to me by my grandmother.  She made this popcorn every Christmas.  Soon we made it throughout the year, changing the color and flavors for different holidays.  I changed it up by drizzling chocolate (milk and white) over the top.  It tasted great!


RECIPE

1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp butter
dash salt
1 1/2 tsp desired flavoring
Food coloring
Popcorn


Ingredients

Mix sugar, water, butter & salt.

Bring ingredients to a boil.

When it reaches the soft ball stage, remove from heat.

Add flavoring and a few drops of desired food coloring.


Pour over popcorn and stir until it becomes sugary and cold.


Drizzle with chocolate (if desired).


VoilĂ !  Yummy popcorn, great for gift-giving! 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy... looks great for a fall party.

    dropping by via Friendship Friday hop. I've enjoyed my visit and I'll be stopping back by in the future. (following in all the networks we have in common)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!