Friday, May 11, 2012

Watermelon Kitchen Scrubbie

So this is another version of the kitchen flower scrubbie I made a while back.  Although this is the same pattern, it turned out completely different so I had to re-post it.  I used a red nylon scrubber, some green and white yarn and a little black thread for the seeds and turned it into a watermelon! 

Kitchen Scrubbie

Technique used: Crochet
Materials: White and green worsted cotton yarn, Red nylon kitchen scrubbie
Gauge: Size G crochet hook


Beginning: With size G hook and white cotton yarn, work 40 sc around outer center of scrubbie. Sl st in beg ch. Fasten off.

Row 1: Attach green cotton yarn and ch 3 (counts as 1 dc) tr twice, dc once, all in same st. Sl st in next st. *1 dc, 2 tr, 1 dc, in next st, sl st in next st.* Rep from * to * around row. Fasten off. Total = 40 petals

Turn to back

Row 2: Join green cotton yarn to beg row. Sc in ea st around. Sl st in beg ch to form ring. Total st= 40

Row 3: Ch 1, *1 sc in first st (same as Ch1), 1 sc in next st, dec over next 2 st.* Rep from * to * around row. Sl st in beg ch to form ring. Total st= 30

Row 4: Ch 1, * 1 sc in first two st, dec over next two st, 1 sc in next st, dec over next two st,* Rep from * to * around row. Sl st in beg ch to form ring. Total st=22

Row 5: Ch 1*1 sc in first two st, dec over next two st. * Rep from * to * around row.

Row 6: Rep row 5 as many times as needed to finish. Fasten off. Turn over to the red nylon side.

With black thread, stitch "seeds" around the front of the scrubbie.

 the back


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, makes me want to crochet again.

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and very cute
    My mother used to make things like that - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute! How creative! I would have never thought to use a scrubbie in a crochet project. I love it!
    I'd like to invite you to link this (and any other projects/recipes you'd like) up on my first link party.
    Your readers are welcome, as well!
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/05/super-link-party-1.html
    I hope to see you all there! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your crafts. I crochet too. I make a scrubber similar to this. I've already started on next Christmas. I will definitely come back to your site.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!