Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Flock of Turkeys



I have been getting into the holiday spirit.  Doing some early Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts (I don't allow snoops around my house) and last Saturday I went to Holly Legare's Christmas Stamp-A-Stack.  It was a lot of fun.  So my holiday cards are made and now I can check that off my list.

But we don't want to forget about Thanksgiving.  I have a few November projects planned, I just hope I have time to get them posted!  For a recent family birthday, these cute turkeys were amongst the party-goers. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Fudge-striped shortbread cookies
Fudge-covered graham crackers (or you can use fudge-covered sugar wafers as I did)
Miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups
Mini chocolate covered peanut butter cups or round chocolate-covered chewy caramels
Candy corns
1 tube decorating gel for eyes


  1. In a small freezer bag, place chocolate chips; seal bag.  Microwave until softened.  Snip off corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe a line of chocolate across the bottom of the striped shortbread cookie.  Center onto the graham cracker and hold until it begins to set.  Repeat with remaining cookies.  Allow to set up, about 30 minutes.  I put mine in the freezer to set.  It also helped with the next steps to have the cookies cold.
  2. Using melted chocolate attach the mini peanut butter cup to the miniature peanut butter cup.  Allow to set.
  3. Pipe melted chocolate onto the large side of the peanut butter cups and attach to the shortbread cookies, resting against the graham cracker. 
  4. On a piece of candy corn, pipe melted chocolate.  With the pointy end toward the peanut nut butter cup, center on the cookie.
  5. Place a piece of candy corn on each side of body for legs.  Using the decorator's gel, add eyes on each candy corn beak.  Let stand at least one hour to set. 



If you liked this post, please click the button below to vote for my blog at Picket Fence Blogs.



Link up your favorite recipe at Things That Make You Say Mmm... Blog Hop

Things that make you say:

Link up your favorite DIY project at Thrifty Thursday Blog Hop

ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 48


Link up your favorite DIY project Fancy Friday Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! I would love to have you link up at my new craft/ recipe linky
    http://cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com/2011/11/mmmmm-monday-1-on-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to dress up a Thanksgiving table or just to use at a party!! These would be great to bring to school for kids.. really easy and fun!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined your blog during the hop. Cool blog! I'm new and need followers. I would love it if you would check out my free printable crafts for kids blog and hopefully follow me too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Hopped over from the Alexa Mania Monday hop.. love if you'd stop by and say hi. Now following as well!
    ~Jenn
    http://www.disneybabiesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the turkeys!!!
    thanks sandy for stoppin over at my blog!!
    wow what a great one you have! so much to see! i love it!

    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! These are absolutely adorable!

    Stopping over from the Alexa Mania Hop. Thanks for joining in! :)

    http://blessedbeyondwords.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your thoughts or comments here. And thanks so much for stopping by!